Stop letting fear keep you from your desires. Acknowledge the fear, breathe into it, and push forward.
In addition to form and function, incorporate beauty and aesthetics into your creations.
We’re hardwired with curiosity. It’s a faculty of the soul to help us eternally grow and develop.
If you’ve ever watched children, they’re constantly asking this question. “Why this?”, “Why that?”, “Why?”…”Why?”…”Why?”
Somewhere between childhood and high school, most people have learned to suppress this natural curiosity. Parents teach us, that’s just the way things are. Schools confine us to a rigid curriculum, punishing anyone that strays too far from the norm. Our jobs turn us into robots.
To begin to understand our true selves -our soul - we need to reawaken our curiosity. We need to build the desire to know ourselves truthfully, honestly, - warts and all.
To open the doors to your soul, ask Why questions: - Why do I continue to repeat the same pattern in my relationships?
- Why don’t I love myself?
- Why don’t I give myself the time I need to develop?
- Why do I stay in this job I hate?
- Why do I get frustrated and lash out at my kids?
- Why do I continue to sabotage myself?
- Why do I procrastinate on the things that are really important?
- Why am I not working in my passions and desires?
- Why am I afraid to express my true self to the world?
- Why do I let these secrets imprison me?
When you make room in your life for reflection and give your Why questions careful, thoughtful consideration, the answers will start coming to you.
Armed with this knowledge, you can begin to work on the cause of a problem, instead of thrashing around in the effects. Dealing with the cause is the only way to make lasting changes in your life.
A lover of crusty breads and wholesome foods. A chaser of wonder and seeker of God's Truth. Practicing to be an amazing husband to the man I will one day meet and marry.